Thursday, February 5, 2015

1 month in :)

So, it's been a month. And here's my update.

I love getting my workout in in the morning. It is the best start to my day. I started this journey at 231.6 pounds, and today I weighed in at 215.2. That is a total loss of 16.4 pounds in one month. Unbelievable! It's nice to look at it that way instead of the "I have x amount left to go."

So, a few changes I've made along the way.

-I let myself have treats, I just limit them. For instance, this peanut butter pie has been creeping in to my lunch, but I have such a tiny sliver, it really isn't that much of a dent in my day. Plus, it will be gone soon.

-I steadily increase my workouts. Like, yes, right now I'm doing 5 miles in the am, but sometimes I get to 5 and I'm at like 587 calories burned, so I keep going until 600, so then I end up with like 5.12 miles. So, the 5.5 next week shouldn't feel like too much more. I sure do wish the shows were the exact time it took though. I hate ending in the middle of a show.

-I am trying not to snack big in the afternoon. I get needing something substantial in the morning but in the afternoon, it's really about boredom or needing something to break up the day.

I've got a gnarly cold right now, so I've been going to bed at like 8 pm. Which is wonderful! I just wish we as people needed less sleep. If 4:30 is when I have to get up to get in a workout, then I have to get to bed early...well, that's fine in the winter when outside sucks, but other than making dinner, there isn't much time to do much of anything if I'm going to bed at 8:30-9.

Oh well.

It's going to be a busy and stressful couple of days with this class in Chicago.

I'll check back in on Monday! Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment