Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Don't go it alone!

If you ask me, one of the most important things in any journey is having a support system. They can be pretty hard to come by. You'd like to think the people closest to you would be the ones you could rely on, but often times, that is not the case. If you think about it, it makes sense. If they were on the same page as you are with your goals, would you have ended up where you are?

Here's an example of what I mean. I would love for my husband to be my biggest supporter in my weightloss journey. I love him. He'se here for me. We can do it together. Let's be honest, he could use some exercise too. Who couldn't? But when I ask him to come to the gym, he'd rather sleep. When I ask him for input on foods, he chooses usually unhealthy things, or even finds a way to make a healthy recipe not so healthy. But it makes complete sense. This is how I got to where I am today. Together, we chose to sit around instead of be active. Together we ordered pizza instead of cooking. Together we finished off that cake. So, although I have decided to change my outlook, my goals and my ways of doing things, that doesn't mean he has to or wants to. Sure, if I only cook healthy stuff and don't give him a choice, he's going to have to eat it. But this isn't his journey. He is used to and presumably likes the way things were (even though he says he wants to lose weight too), but he hasn't had his wake up call yet. It hasn't hit him. And I shouldn't look to him to be my only support system because he's not in a place to do that yet.

That's where this lovely internet comes in handy. Now, sure, it sucks when I want someone to take a Zumba class with me, or I want a friend who knows what I'm going through to go to the movies with so I don't overload on popcorn and soda. But on the internet, I can find groups, friends, recipes, exercise recommendations, you name it. My support system is unlimited. All you have to do is look, and you can find someone to be your personal cheerleader. But don't forget, you are your own team. You decide how this ends. You have the control. You can do it!

Yesterday was a decent day. No change in weight. I have not done the miles at night. Not sure why. I guess just feeling tired at the end of the day. Well actually, I think it's because I've been watching tv with my husband at night. And when I get on the mini elliptical, he thinks I have a ton of energy, so he wants to go on a walk (in the cold), which I do not. Those walks last too long and I hate getting bundled up for them. 1 mile in my house is only about 15 minutes, and I can do it in my pajamas and moccasins.

I was also coerced into making banana bread last night. It was yummy, but I shouldn't have had any. I hope he takes it to work today. Haha!

3 of my 4 new cookbooks filled with one dish recipes arrived last night! I can't wait to pick out some recipes for the next couple of weeks!

Have a great Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment