Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Introductions!

Let's get started!


Okay, so there are a lot of things that come to mind when I think about trying to lose weight. It's not easy....seriously. That's probably number one. Go ahead, look at me, you're thinking, what does she know. Currently, I tip the scales at a whopping 221.6 pounds. I'm 5 foot 4, so that's pretty heavy. And honestly, I'm very disappointed that I've hit this spot. It's not my highest weight. That was 248, back in November of 2010. I never wanted to see that number again. So, I watched what I ate, turned into a working out robot, eating the same thing (it was way easier that way) everyday, and in about 10 months dropped down to 143 pounds. It was awesome. I felt like I was on top of the world. Now, here I am, about 3 and a half years later, almost at my highest weight again. How could I let that happen? I knew how much work was involved in losing the weight. I knew how much better I felt when I was thin and healthy. I honestly don't understand how I let myself do this to myself.

Well, it all stops now. Sure, I'm jumping on the band wagon of new year's resolutions to lose weight. Whatever. If it works for me, then I don't care if I'm a cliché. And I'm already seeing progress. As of January 5th, I started watching what I eat, making out meal plans, and logging all of my food. I lost about 3 pounds that week. As of January 12th, I started hitting the gym. My goal is 6 of the 7 days a week. I met that goal last week. That alongside watching my calories, I'm down a total of 10 pounds in 2 weeks. I've got this!

So, as things come to mind, I plan to share with you my journey. My struggles. My successes. My tips. My rants. My story.

Ready?

Here are my before and after pictures from my first go around....pretty astonishing if you ask me. I've also included a more recent picture so that I can have a basis for comparison.



 







No comments:

Post a Comment