Friday, January 23, 2015

My plan

When I decided to start this blog, I really hadn't made a plan for what I wanted to talk about, so it's kind of like a journal-just whatever comes to mind. But, I do want to keep you all posted on my progress. I invite and encourage you to comment with yours as well!

So, here's how this week has gone so far:

I've made it to the gym every day (Monday-Friday), and have done at least 4 miles on the elliptical each morning. I'm reading for my Real Estate Brokers exam, so if I'm in the middle of a test or a page, I stay on a little longer to finish it.

Tuesday was the only day I did not hit my water goal, but I was still close.

I have stayed under my allotted calories every day this week (even with going out for drinks last night!) I was so proud because instead of ordering a fried appetizer, we got the hummus and pita. :)

I have crushed my step goal of 10,000 every day this week. On Tuesday, I was over 20,000 steps. Woot woot!

I have managed to walk at least 1 mile every night as well (some were not on the elliptical).

Things I did that I knew were changes from my past behaviors were:

-Ordering the hummus and pita (never thought I'd ask for that in a restaurant)
-Walking to and from the bar that I met my friend at last night to be able to fit in my evening walk
-I actually made it to bed by 9:30 pm every day. I would like to be in bed by 9 though. That is always my goal, but I easily give in to other people, but this week I didn't!

Things I'm not so proud of were:

-I ended up having 4 drinks last night. They just tasted so good. And they were small. I really wish I was better at doing things in moderation. I should have just had 1 (maybe 2).

Last Friday I weighed in at 223.6, and today I am 219.0. That is a 4.6 pound loss for one week. Not too shabby if I do say so myself. A total of 12.6 pounds lost since I started!

Tonight I want to take before pictures. I know it's not the true beginning, but it's something!

I am debating whether or not to skip the gym Sunday. I know you are supposed to have rest days, but I  feel bad when I don't make it. So, I have to think about that one. Plus, I'm not sure that we have any plans to do anything Sunday. My step-daughter will be with us, and it's supposed to be a bit colder, so I don't know that I can get us to go on a long walk outside. Maybe I'll head to the gym and just walk for a long time....who knows.

Starting Sunday or Monday, my new goal is to do 4.5 miles on the elliptical in the morning. I will keep with the 1 mile at night. By the end of this, I want to work myself up to 10 miles a day. This will mean less morning me time and a good portion of the evening. But, by the time I get there, it should be the summer, so if I can get my mornings up to like 7 or 8 miles (which I think is doable), it would only be like 2-3 at night. If I get the family to go for a 1-2 mile walk at night, I should be able to get the other mile in on my mini elliptical.

And once I hit 170, I want to start doing weights too. Not sure how that will work with time. Hopefully my husband gets behind me in this fitness frenzy and can understand if I need to run to the gym after work for half an hour to get it in. Maybe I can find some weights for the house too. Who knows!

I have a much easier time keeping on being active all day on the weekends because I'm not stuck at my desk for 7 hours during the day, so I'm not too worried about what this weekend has in store! I'll do my best to keep you in the loop :)



No comments:

Post a Comment